✅ We’re “essential” and we remain open.
On March 21, 2020, Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt issued an order regarding COVID-19 Response and Preparedness.
Per County Judge Order No. 2020-04, we are deemed essential and we will remain open to service the residents of Travis and Williamson County.
Exhibit B: Critical Infrastructure Designations and Obligations
- “Critical Infrastructure” is defined as all public and private facilities and assets, including physical and cyber systems, and other functions and sectors vital to the security, governance, public health, safety, and economic continuity of Travis County.
- Critical Infrastructure, includes but is not limited to the following:
- sanitation services;
Similar proclamations and ordinances were issued in other states, (especially California and Nevada) and the CDC guidelines for keeping homes clean and sanitized on a regular basis. Even OSHA issued recommendations for keeping regular housekeeping:
Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment. When choosing cleaning chemicals, employers should consult information on environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved disinfectant labels with claims against emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, PPE).
We want you to know that we are armed with a hospital-grade disinfectant and virucide and have strict procedures for your safety and peace of mind. Our professionals cleaners and office staff have been zealous in adhering to the Covid-19 Policies that we’ve implemented. They know their health and the health of their family depends upon it!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policies
- All maids will wear gloves when cleaning your home.
- We will continue to make beds, but ask that you strip the bed and remove the linen if you want us to put on fresh linen.
- We will use a hospital-grade disinfectant on all surfaces we typically clean throughout your home. (Counter tops, bathroom surfaces, door knobs, light switches, refrigerator handle, etc.) Be aware that when disinfecting surfaces the disinfectant needs to sit wet on the surface to work properly. You may notice us using more cleaner than normal and not drying surfaces.
- We will use a hospital-grade disinfectant to clean your floors unless you request we use the standard cleaner. Our disinfectant is a neutral pH and safe for all floor surfaces.
- If you prefer we use your vacuum, just let us know.
- We ask that our maids be given 6 feet of social space while cleaning.
- We will under no circumstance allow any employee that is sick, has any flu-like symptoms or who has a sick family member come to work. In this event we will send a substitutes and will do our best to let you know to expect a different team.
What We Ask of You
- Let us know what you need.
- Please cancel your cleaning appointment if you or a family member is experiencing flu-like symptoms or has tested positive for Covid-19. We will waive all cancellation fees.
- Please pause service if necessary. We will gladly save your spot and freeze your price for up to 60 days.
Thank you for giving us a chance to help! May you and your family stay safe during these times.
The team at The Boardwalk Cleaning Co.