As the weather turns colder and we spend more time indoors, it’s important to keep tabs on the air quality in our homes. Poor indoor air quality can lead to health issues like allergies, asthma, and even headaches.
Fortunately, there are a few simple steps that homeowners can take to improve their indoor air quality!
Here are five ways to ensure you’re breathing the best air possible inside your home:
1. Change Your Air Filters Regularly – One of the easiest and most effective ways to improve your indoor air quality is by changing your home’s air filters regularly. Clogged or dirty filters block fresh air from entering your home and trap pollutants that could otherwise be eliminated with proper ventilation. Check and change your filter at least every three months for best results!
2. Keep Your Home Clean & Dust-Free – Keeping your home free of dust is essential for improving indoor air quality as dust can contain a variety of allergens such as pet dander, pollen, and mold spores that can cause irritation and other respiratory issues when inhaled. Vacuuming frequently (especially carpets) coupled with regular dusting will help reduce allergens in your home significantly!
3. Open Windows When Possible – Opening windows allows fresh outdoor air circulation into your home which also helps circulate out any stale or stuffyindoorair . Make sure that you close all exterior doors and windows when not in use for maximum efficiency!
4. Invest In an Air Purifier – If you suffer from allergies or just want extra assurance that allergens won’t build up in your home, investing in a good-quality air purifier may be a smart choice as they work to remove airborne particles from the surrounding environment. This can greatly improve overall indoor air quality while giving peace of mind knowing all harmful particles have been removed!
5. Stop Smoking Inside – Lastly, smoking indoors introduces chemicals directly into the environment which linger until ventilation systems push them out . To avoid this problem altogether , smoke outside if possible or make sure any cigarettes are extinguished before coming back inside!
By following these five tips, you’ll be able to ensure that the air inside your home is clean and healthy for everyone who lives there!